GOLDEN GATE POINT ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING JANUARY 19, 2008
The meeting was called to order by President Denise Watermeier.
REPORTS Brent Parker moved that we waive reading of the minutes and Harry Robb seconded it. Secretary Carol Kopeck announced that there were some copies of last year’s minutes available if anyone wanted to read them. The motion carried. The treasurer’s report was read. John Dent moved that it be accepted as presented; Brent seconded it and motion passed.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS Denise announced that the terms of John Dent and Clark Brink have expired. John Dent would run for reelection. The other opening on the Board will be filled by Martha Luciani from Vista Bay Point. There being no nominations from the floor, the slate was elected unanimously.
BEAUTIFICATION Clark Brink thanked his committee of Carol Kopeck, Lothar Sasche and Jean Francis. The award was given to La Bellassara. Ron Ward accepted and thanked Caroline Holder and Claudia Porter who headed the Landscape Committee.
MOORINGS REPORT Ron Ward reported that the city had been slow in passing a moorings regulation, but a final vote is coming up. He will see that an email is sent to all members before the vote so we can email the commissioners to lobby for their vote for the regulations. These regulations should contribute to a cleaner bay, get rid of derelict boats and control the wake of boats entering the bay.
PARKING Lothar asked that residents and their guests make sure they do not park in front of driveways or move garbage cans. He also reminded us that owners should pick up after their dogs.
WEB SITE Brent announced that the web site had been updated to contain all the documents for the streetscaping project as well as minutes and newsletters.
STREETSCAPING PROJECT the documents from Willson Miller have been given to City and the purchasing department is now studying them. In a few weeks they will be let out to bid. Therefore we can expect the project to start sometime in April and take 10 to 12 months. A staging plan will have residents driving on half of the road while half is being improved and then changing to other side.
The pavers will lay on crushed rock and will be the last thing to be done. A picture of the entry gate design was posted with the final drawings. Brent also discussed lighting fixtures, mailboxes, and benches. Each light pole will have a plug so that extra lighting, perhaps for holidays, can be used. We will start with compact florescent bulbs with the option of going later to LEDs which are more efficient but too expensive right now. We will also buy into the FPL green power plan. Brent looked into solar lighting but thought it was ugly and expensive.
The pavers will be purchased on a unit cost basis so that any condo that wants to redo their driveway with the same pavers can purchase them from the contractor. They are expected to cost about $7 to $8 a square foot.
Easements: There are three types of easements that will be used during construction. First is a 10 foot temporary easement on all properties to give workers access to areas they will be working on. This area will be restored to its original condition at the end of the project. The second is a Premise Access License for Verizon to lay cable up to and into each building. The fiber optic cable will be for telephones, television and computers. Each condo owner will then be able to hook up to whatever part they want to purchase. The third easement will allow the telephone company to lay lines through the back yards of the interior properties at no cost to owners.
Brent also reported that he had discussed with city officials the idea for an overlay zoning district for the interior properties. It would allow construction of urban style town houses 10 feet from sidewalk and 45 feet high. He felt this would be a better solution for developing that area than trying to build high rises there. The city zoning officials are drawing up plans for it which will be presented at some date to the city commission. GGP residents will be notified when it will be presented.
The County has contacted us about the possibility of a park on GGP. There are presently 3 vacant properties that could be used. We had discussed this at a previous meeting and Brent thought maybe we had overreacted to possible problems with vagrants. It was decided by hand vote to set up a special meeting to discuss this. Carol will do a flyer and Denise will notify everyone by email when a time and place is set up. There being no more business, the meeting was adjourned. The Board met immediately after to elect officers and discuss plan for meeting on park.
Carol Kopeck, Secretary